!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Animal Friends: Dakota

Monday, March 06, 2006

Dakota


Well for some reason my blogger's not wanting to upload pics today, so I thought I would get this one in as the last one. I will update with more pics as soon as I'm able. Anyway, this is Dakota. He seemed like a very well behaved dog and even posed for the picture, well, even though he was facing the wrong way! Another awesome dog who I'm sure will find a good loving home soon. I spent close to 3 hrs out at the shelter today and loved every minute of it. All the dogs were ready for a walk, or a run and it seemed like the shelter was short of help today, but I stayed as long as I possibly could. I walked about 6 dogs and then had some Puppy time. Sorry no pics of those this time, as there were too many visitors coming in and out and looking for that one special pup. Which that is always a good thing, cause that means they are going to find good homes. Today there were mostly bordercollie mixed pups and alot of them were from the same family. There were more dogs there that I didn't get to see as they were in another area of the shelter, where they perform the surgerys and are put in recovery. Needless to say, volunteers and even some of the regular workers aren't allowed in there. I did sneek a peek though when the door opened for afew seconds and it did seem to be full. That only means that they are getting check ups, and the necessary spay & neutering in order to be eligible for adoption, so when I go back, there will be a different group of dogs I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home